Ten solid hours of quilting and its done! Some slight wonk on some of the lines, but pretty pleased with how it has turned out. Straight line quilting is a lot harder than you might think, as I found out.
Just adding the orange binding now – which really pops. Hopefully will be able to post the finished product later this week, hand sewing is not my favorite part of quilting.
The piecing was mainly done last weekend and the borders added during the week. Its so bright and busy – perfect for bright and busy Master 2.
Just need to finish the pieced back tonight and then I can get onto putting it all together – good thing its a long weekend here!
So my project that was brewing last week is now started – a quilt for Master 2. Have decided on a rail fence style as it is simple and quick and looks really effective.
5 hours of piecing last night – whew I’m tired!
He isn’t exactly at my feet here – which makes for a better photo anyway! He decided to join me while I was sewing last night up on the table in the middle of the action of course.
So a little more about Cappuccino. He is a prize winning Burmese who, along with his sister Kasey, came to live with me when he retired from the show circuit 11 years ago. He spent the first night hiding under the couch and the second night sleeping on my feet. He has seen off a couple of boyfriends and deemed my now husband as suitable to share the living and bed space. He tolerated the introduction of two dogs to the family and has survived the introduction of a Master 2 to the mad house. All in all he is a cool cat, although getting a little grumpy in his old age – but aren’t we all!
I had a little time this weekend so I thought I would use one of my ‘just in case’ trimmings packets for a little project I had been meaning to do for a while. I loved the bunting themed pouch from http://justanotherhangup.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/bunting-cosmetic-bag-tutorial.html and I followed the tutorial from the very clever Anna at Noodlehead here http://www.noodle-head.com/2009/10/tutorial-lil-cutie-pouches.html
And here is the result – my new tablet case. Lined with some gorgeous Umbrella Prints Floating Wild Grasses (of course)
Umbrella Prints mixed trimmings pack with Floating Wild Grasses lining and some denim from my stash. I think its all coordinated nicely. I also ironed some fusible fleece to the wrong side of the denim for some cushioning and stability for the applique.
I have been collecting some bright boy themed fabric over the past months and its come time to bust some out and get quilty!
I’m thinking a fence rail style quilt or maybe wonky log cabins. I guess that will be decided when I start cutting. Master 2 approves of the fabric choices which is great.
I stumbled across Umbrella Prints a little while ago and have been drooling over their gorgeous fabrics, so I figured I would grab a pack ( or two or three) and have a little play. I had a couple of ideas in mind so I thought a couple of packets would be good in case I needed back up entries.
Being a fan of all things blue I was immediately drawn to the cool trimmings packet. Don’t you love the little elephants!
This was my work in progress – some patch-working which was lots of fun. I was originally going to make a patchwork band to insert into a neutral linen lamp shade, but I couldn’t find any bases that I liked, so a bit of brainstorming and down sizing led to the final design and shape of my entry.
A mini lamp shade – with the lamp base being a wine glass and floating candle. Perfect for brightening up the table when entertaining outdoors – or indoors as the case may be.
I had a lot of fun with these trimmings, they certainly inspired me!